With signs of spring very slowly – but surely – appearing, it’s time for Frontier’s next board meeting!
We’ll meet on Wednesday, 23rd of March at 6 pm in Thirsty Scholar on Fabianinkatu 37. If you’d like to know more about who we are and what we do, or if you just happen to find yourself at a loose end, you’re most welcome to join us. We’re always interested in meeting new people!
WHAT: Frontier board meeting
WHEN: Wednesday 23.3, 6pm
WHERE: Thirsty Scholar, Fabianinkatu 37
Dear friends of Frontier ry, old and new!
Next week we will be holding our Spring meeting, and we’d like to warmly welcome You to take part. The meeting will be at 7 pm in room Illuusio in the New Student House, Mannerheimintie 5 A, 5th floor. Below you can see the proposed agenda for the meeting.
If you’re already a member of Frontier, you are allowed to cast your vote if we hold a voting. If you’re not yet a member, you are most warmly welcome to come and learn more about Frontier. We’re always open to anyone interested in our organization, and you can also easily join Frontier.
There will also be some snacks!
WHAT: Frontier Spring Meeting
WHEN: 23.2.2016, 7pm
WHERE: Illuusio, the New Student House
Proposed agenda for the meeting:
- Kokouksen avaus
- Valitaan kokouksen puheenjohtaja, sihteeri, kaksi (2) pöytäkirjantarkastajaa ja tarvittaessa kaksi (2) ääntenlaskijaa
- Todetaan kokouksen laillisuus ja päätösvaltaisuus
- Hyväksytään esityslista kokouksen työjärjestykseksi
- Esitetään tilinpäätös, vuosikertomus ja toiminnantarkastajien lausunto
- Päätetään tilinpäätöksen vahvistamisesta ja vastuuvapauden myöntämisestä
- Hyväksytään tuleva toimintasuunnitelma ja talousarvio
- Käsitellään sääntömuutosehdotuksia
- Käsitellään muut esille tulevat asiat
- Kokouksen päättäminen
If you have any questions, contact the board at frontier-hallitus(at)helsinki.fi
Ahoy all you funny and/or artistic members!
Frontier needs YOU to unleash your creative powers and design us a new overall patch! Submit your work(s) of art to frontier-hallitus(at)helsinki.fi by February 29.
A hand-drawn design is ok – you can just scan the drawing into your email.
The creator of the best patch wins a yummy prize!
Questions? Contact the board at frontier-hallitus(at)helsinki.fi
Frontier has now had its first board meeting of the year, and we have plenty of ideas for this spring! Check out our brand new Facebook page and remember to follow us on Twitter as well.
We will keep you posted about upcoming events on Facebook and on this page. Also, don’t hesitate to contact us at frontier-hallitus(at)helsinki.fi if there’s anything on your mind.
Frontier ry at HU Welcome Fair
Not much left of the year now and Frontier is already preparing for the next one.
Next year, the people in charge will be:
- President: Sonja Lehtinen
- Vice President and Study Affairs: Noora Juvonen
- Secretary and Communication (Webmaster): Anna Häkkinen
- Treasurer and Working life: Anna Hiltunen
- Facilities, Sports and Maple Leaf and Eagle Conference coordinator: Olli Siitonen
- Environment and Equality: Elmo Rissanen
- Cooperation and New members: Jenny Sandström
- International Affairs: Tea Hardy
Happy holidays and see you next year! 😉
Hello and happy almost-December!
It was nice to see so many of you at the Thanksgiving dinner. The year is coming to an end, and that means that the time has come for our last event of the year, the Fall Meeting and Christmas party! Yay! It will be on the 4th of December at the New Student House, in meeting room Illuusio (Mannerheimintie 5 A, 5th floor). The meeting starts at 6 pm, and when we are done (probably by 7 pm) the party starts!
In the meeting we will elect the chair and other board members for the 2016 term. If you cannot come to the meeting, but still wish to run for a position in the board you can send your application to frontier-hallitus (ät) helsinki.fi (by the 2nd of December, 2015). Please mention in your application if you are running for a certain position. Check out our blog to see what positions we have in the current board: https://frontierry.wordpress.com/board-2015/
Here’s the agenda for the meeting:
1. Opening the meeting.
2. Choosing the chair, secretary, two (2) examiners of the minutes and two (2) vote counters.
3. Declaring the quorum and legality of the meeting.
4. Approving the agenda for the meeting.
5. Confirming the action plan, estimates of revenue and expenditure and the membership fee.
6. Choosing the chair and other board members.
7. Choosing two (2) operations inspectors and two (2) deputy operations inspectors.
8. Any other business.
9. Closing the meeting.
Both new and old Frontier members and friends are welcome, just remember to bring your student card or ID with you!
Frontier would like to welcome all of you back after the summer and welcome our new Fulbright Bicentennial Professor Lane Crothers to Finland. We are organizing a hangout in Thirsty Scholar (Fabianinkatu 37) on Tuesday 29 September at 5 pm. The Fulbright students have also been invited.
See you there!